<<Please note this is a listing for an instant download PDF knit PATTERN ONLY and not the finished product>>
The Arewà short sleeve pullover is my very first top down yoke sweater and it just had to have a lace pattern throughout. I wanted to create something that is stunning, stylish and can be dressed up or down. Arewà is knit top down in the round to the underarm where body and sleeve stitches are separated. The body is worked seamlessly and ribbing added to the sleeves to complete the short sleeve style of this gorgeous pullover. You will love every moment of knitting and rocking this beaut.
Arewà was designed during a tough period in my life (you’ll read a little more about this in the pattern) and so it has a very special place in my heart. It’s an absolute blessing to be able to share this pattern with you and I hope you enjoy making and wearing it. I’ve worn mine so many times and even layered with it already!
Fun fact: Arewà means beauty in Yoruba, one of the major languages in Nigeria
* Advanced beginner level pattern (should ideally have some experience of working with lace stitches)
* Uses DK weight yarn. Pictured sample uses Berroco Vintage DK yarn in Oats | 52% Acrylic 40% Wool 8% Nylon (see a list of yarns used by my testers below)
* Yardage: 452-1198 metres / 495-1311 yards
* US 4/3.5 mm 12″ (30 cm) circular needles or DPNs
* US 4/3.5 mm 32″ (80 cm) circular needles
* US 6/4 mm 16″ (40 cm) circular needles
* US 6/4 mm 32″ (80 cm) circular needles
* Stitch markers
* Darning/tapestry needle and tape measure
* Assistance via e-mail should you need any help
XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Finished bust: 32.5 (36.25, 40, 43.75, 47.5, 51.5, 55.25, 61, 64.75) in / 82.5 (92, 101.5, 111, 120.5, 131, 140.5, 155, 164.5) cm
YARN SUGGESTIONS (based on yarns used by testers)
– Madelinetosh Merino Sport (using 4.5 mm needles)
– Knit Picks Capra DK
– Loops & Thread Joy DK
– Lion Brand Pound of Love
– Cygnet Grousemoor DK
– Juniper Moon Farms Findley DK
– Miss Babs Yowza (light worsted)
– Knothouse La Di Da DK
– Hayfield Bonus DK by Sirdar
– King Cole Beaches DK
– Stylecraft Special DK
– Debbie Bliss Piper
– Madelinetosh High Twist DK
Save on purchasing multiple patterns by using the following codes:
’SAVEON3’ to save 10% off 3 patterns
’SAVEON5’ to save 15% off 5 patterns
’SAVEON8’ to save 20% off 8 patterns
All patterns must be added to cart for discount to be applied.
Once your payment has cleared, you will receive an e-mail providing a link to download your PDF pattern instantly.
Due to the nature of a PDF file please understand that all patterns are final sale.
All patterns and photographs are the property of Handmade by Kunbi and are purchased under the agreement that the patterns and photographs cannot be distributed, copied in part or in whole, re-written, or re-sold without permission.
*You may sell items made from this pattern but please always credit and reference: Handmade by Kunbi
There are no reviews yet.